I'm a born and bred mountain boy from the foothills of the Rockies. Ever since I was a kid, I've loved playing in the dirt and exploring the great outdoors. My passion is getting people psyched to explore this beautiful planet, and making it a better place.
Here's some of my favorite adventures:
- Rode a bike 4,000 miles from Honduras to Boulder (After two years in the Peace Corps)
- Survived the jungles of Venezuela for a month. Ate bugs to stay alive. It sucked. (Filmed for Discovery Channel)
- Rode a cruiser bike across the U.S.A. Promoting bicycle advocacy with the League of American Cyclists
- Cycled from Maine to Key West
- Cycled from Vancouver to Cabo San Lucas Mexico, promoting the efforts of People for Bikes
- Cycled across Cuba, then gave my bike to a nice guy in Havana
- Cycled from Boulder to Burningman (1,000 miles across the West)
- Trekked the Three Passes in Nepal and visited Everest Base camp
My bike is my freedom machine, I love traveling on two wheels. I've found that15mph is the perfect speed to experience the world. I also have a deep commitment to preserving the beauty of our environment and staying involved with local and national bicycle advocacy groups.
You might be thinking to yourself, "How does this guy make a living?" Good question, I get asked all the time. I host TV and web shows, as well as produce, shoot and edit branded content. I also share motivational stories at schools and businesses, and I fill in the cracks as an emcee and occasionally write articles for different publications.
- I'm a mama's boy
- I've been a vegetarian for 15 years
- I've never owned a car (finally got my license when I was 32 so that I could do car commercials)
- I speak Swedish
- I speak Spanish
- I love the Muppets
- My apartment is solar powered
- I've eaten termites to stay alive in the jungle *See Venezuelan adventure above
- I was diagnosed with high blood pressure at age 4, it was 160/140-yikes! *I'm ok now
- I LOVE burritos!
June 8th, 2020 | 48 mins 18 secs
athlete, plant-based, ryan-van duzer